Serves: 5-6 PEOPLE Prep time: 10 MINUTES cook time: 30 MINUTES Total time: 40 MINUTES
Quick and easy Keto, Low Carb, Vegetarian
Last week my sister, who is a new mom, was telling me about a thai red curry that she made for dinner. She was telling me how she’s been making quick and easy meals as she eases back into a normal routine. Ever since that conversation I couldn’t stop thinking about thai food! Thai food is high on my list of favorite foods. So I decided to make a quick and easy keto vegetarian version of the panang curry for a flavorful, nutritious low carb meal.
This recipe was rated as “Top 5 meals that have come out of this kitchen” by my husband! The flavors and smells of this curry are divine. It is a great way to add a vegetarian meal into your week. Or as a substitution for the tofu, you can add grilled chicken instead. You can make this for a dinner party or meal prep it for Thai night in!
- 2 Cans Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- ½ yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup of broccoli
- 3 Tbsp Coconut oil or Olive Oil
- 4 Tbsp Red Curry Paste
- 1 Tbsp Almond Butter
- Hodo Thai Curry Nuggets 16 ounces
- 1 Tsp Swerve
- 1 Tbsp Minced Ginger
- 1 Tsp Minced Garlic
- Adobo Seasoning To Taste
- Black Pepper to Taste
- Cayenne Pepper to Taste
- ½ Cup Heavy Cream (optional)
- Pour the 1 can of unsweetened coconut milk into a large skillet over medium heat. Add the stir fry vegetables (onions, peppers, and broccoli) until softened, approximately 5-6 minutes.
- Add another can of the coconut milk, red curry paste, almond butter, oil, garlic, ginger, Swerve, and seasonings and bring mixture to a full boil. Add in ½ cup of heavy cream (optional) – Leave out the heavy cream if making this vegan. Bring the heat down to simmer and let the flavors develop over 15minutes. Stir the curry mixture occasionally.
- Open pre-cooked Hodo Thai Nuggets and add to panang sauce.
- Continue cooking a gentle simmer for an additional 10 minutes to allow flavors to continue to develop and spices to cook out. Sauce should have a nutty flavor with a hint of sweet.
- Serve panang curry with your choice of cauliflower rice or kohlrabi noodles.
Nutrition Information: YIELD: 5-6 SERVING SIZE: 1 serving
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 474 TOTAL FAT: 31g CARBOHYDRATES: 27.6g DIETARY FIBER: 15.8 SUGAR: 9.2g PROTEIN: 22.2g NET CARBS: 11.8G
***Nutrition facts include 5oz of kohlrabi noodles.